You want to hire a graphic designer? Great! Let me walk you through the process.
What kind of designer do you need?
- What do I need? Logo design isn’t the same as graphic interface or t-shirt design.
- Go to onlinejobs.ph. Browse the resumes. Find out what exists out there, skill ranges and salary expectations.
- Post your job on Onlinejobs.ph. Use the information you got from browsing resumes to create a killer job post.
- Interview people with a lot of email questions. Don’t interview through Skype right away! If you want to know why that is, check out OneVAAway.com.
- Narrow down your choices with a paid test task. Ideally, it should be close to something they would do on the job. Ideally, it should be someone who can do the job AND someone you would work really well with.
- Negotiate terms.
- Hire them and give them their first task as soon as possible.
This hiring process isn’t super complicated but it’s easy to make mistakes with it. That’s why I created OneVAAway.com. I’ll walk you through the process so you don’t have to worry about making a mistake. Find the right graphic designer and start working right away!
You can also check out how to get started on hiring Rockstar Virtual Assistants.
About John Jonas
John Jonas is a long-time outsourcing expert and the creator of OnlineJobs.ph.
Since 2005, John has taught hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs how to profitably delegate to VAs in the Philippines (and get their lives back in the process).
With help from his own VAs based in the Philippines, John has created an outsourcing empire that allows him to work 17 hours/week and to spend most of his time with his wife and 5 kids.
If you liked this you’ll probably also like reading