Now that I’ve convinced you to hire a social media manager, it’s about time I show you how to hire one.
When it comes to hiring for social media, I follow 7 simple steps:
- Decide and define what their responsibilities would be
- Go to Onlinejobs.ph. Look at a lot of profiles to figure out what skills they have and how much you should be paying them.
- Write a job post and post it on Onlinejobs.ph
- Interview them over a bunch of emails, asking a bunch of questions
- Do a test task. If the test takes longer than 30 mins, make it a paid task
- Negotiate your terms. This helps me narrow down the list of candidates.
- Hire the person you like.
It looks like a long list but trust me, it’s effective. It’s something we’ve refined over the years. With this process, we’ve found the right person 80% of the time and experienced fewer turnovers.
This process also works when you’re looking for other virtual assistants. If you want, I can also guide you through the hiring process, step-by-step. If you take my 7-day hiring challenge, we’ll go through that list together and I’ll show you what needs to be done everyday to help you find the right person.
You can also check out how to get started on hiring Rockstar Virtual Assistants.
About John Jonas
John Jonas is a long-time outsourcing expert and the creator of OnlineJobs.ph.
Since 2005, John has taught hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs how to profitably delegate to VAs in the Philippines (and get their lives back in the process).
With help from his own VAs based in the Philippines, John has created an outsourcing empire that allows him to work 17 hours/week and to spend most of his time with his wife and 5 kids.
If you liked this you’ll probably also like reading