Now that you understand how important it is to hire an SEO specialist, you’re probably wondering how you can hire one.
Lucky for you, I have perfected that hiring process. Here are my 7 steps to hiring an SEO Specialist.
- Decide exactly what you are looking for. Most people look for strong SEO and English skills
- Browse Onlinejobs.ph to see what exists out there. Know your options.
- When you know what’s out there, write a job post and post it on Onlinejobs.ph. And if you need help with that, I walk you through the process with OneVAAway.com
- Once you start getting applicants, ask them a bunch of questions through a series of emails. That’s when you see people start dropping out while serious applicants stick through the process.
- Once you have a shortlist of 5-6 people, give them a test task. If it’s a big task (takes longer than 30 minutes to complete), make it a paid task.
- Once you’ve narrowed it down to 2 candidates, start negotiating your terms. The negotiation process will give you that gut feeling, letting you which candidate is the right one.
- Hire them! Get them started with the first task. Start getting into the process of learning to work with your SEO specialist.
There are so many things you can achieve with your business when you have a Filipino VA by your side. If you want to see the big picture and get a better idea of what you can do when you outsource to the Philippines, check out my book, Outsourcing Lever. The book is free. If you want a physical copy, just pay for shipping!
You can also check out how to get started on hiring Rockstar Virtual Assistants.
About John Jonas
John Jonas is a long-time outsourcing expert and the creator of OnlineJobs.ph.
Since 2005, John has taught hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs how to profitably delegate to VAs in the Philippines (and get their lives back in the process).
With help from his own VAs based in the Philippines, John has created an outsourcing empire that allows him to work 17 hours/week and to spend most of his time with his wife and 5 kids.
If you liked this you’ll probably also like reading