I’m often told that it’s hard to find programmers and developers in the Philippines. Well, I have an entire team of Filipino web developers and programmers working for me. And most of them have worked for me for years now. It’s actually not that hard to find good technical talent in the Philippines. All you need to do is follow these 7 steps.
- Define the role. Decide what you are looking for. Check my previous video to find out the difference between a web developer and programmer.
- Go on to Onlinejobs.ph and browse for resumes. Look for people who can fill that role. Search for people who have the skills you need.
- Post a job. Use the information you got from the profiles you browsed in our database. If you want more detail on how to create a great job post, check out OneVAAway.com.
- Interview people by asking a lot of questions through a series of email interviews.
- Narrow down your shortlist with a test task. If the test is going to take more than 30 minutes or if you give them a bunch of tests, you need to pay them for it.
- Negotiate terms. Remember that in most cases, the more experienced they are, the more expensive their rates will be.
- Hire them!
You can try out these steps right now by going to Onlinejobs.ph. But if you want a step by step guide on how to hire workers from the Philippines, you have to check out OneVAAway.com. There, I have a guaranteed system to help you find great Filipino workers or you get your money back. So check them out or check out our YouTube channel to watch any videos in our Practical Advice series that you may have missed.
You can also check out how to get started on hiring Rockstar Virtual Assistants.
About John Jonas
John Jonas is a long-time outsourcing expert and the creator of OnlineJobs.ph.
Since 2005, John has taught hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs how to profitably delegate to VAs in the Philippines (and get their lives back in the process).
With help from his own VAs based in the Philippines, John has created an outsourcing empire that allows him to work 17 hours/week and to spend most of his time with his wife and 5 kids.
If you liked this you’ll probably also like reading