“How can I increase my IDProof?”
This is the most asked question in our customer service hotline. Jobseekers want a high, if not a perfect score of 100, IDProof, and for good reason! But just what is IDProof and how does it work?
What IDProof IS
IDProof is about providing lots of information to help determine your identity to us.
It is our way of telling employers, “We trust this person is real and who he says he is.”
This means that if your profile is incomplete or has questionable information (seriously, you’re an expert in everything?), you won’t get a high IDProof score.
Also, If you only provide a small amount of honest information, then you’ll have a low ID trust score.
IDProof helps employers know that it is a real person applying for the job they posted, but IDProof is not a measure of a jobseeker’s skill.
IDProof helps you land a job by giving employers an idea of who you are as a worker, but it does not guarantee that you’ll get the job if you have the highest score among the applicants.
Protecting your Privacy
You are only submitting your proof of identity to us, Onlinejobs.ph. We do not show your personal information and copies of your ID, address and phone number to employers. Since it is necessary, your Profile Photo, your age, tests taken, date of joining, employment status, and skills are shown to employers. Only employers you applied to or replied to will get your email address. Please see our Privacy Statement.
How Can IDProof Help You
A high IDProof score proves that you’re a person, that you’re real.
What does that mean? Well, this means you become more eligible to apply for more jobs — the more jobs to apply for, the more chances of landing one!
Having a higher ID Proof score compared also means you’ll be competing with fewer people for the same job. This, again, increases your chances of getting a great job.
Here at Onlinejobs.ph, most employers look for applicants who are in it for the long run. The jobs they offer are for long term and not just project-based jobs, so it makes sense if they’re wary of people pretending to be someone they’re not.
That’s why the IDProof score is important to them, and that’s why they prefer jobseekers with a high ID trust score.
How to Increase Your IDProof
This is THE question.
Increasing your IDProof score is actually quite easy. You just have to take some time completing your profile, and fill it out completely and honestly. Remember, you are building your identity on the website, you should build it with honesty. Also, your profile serves as your resume when you apply for jobs, it is the first thing that employers see.
Aside from filling out your profile, make sure that you also do the following:
- Don’t skip the skills summary. List your skills and rate them honestly. Explain briefly how you get these skills and why you rated yourself that way.
- Upload a good government ID. IDs issued by the government usually come with a photo or some form of biometric marker, making them unique and fraud-proof. Here’s a list of IDs that you can use:
- Philippine Passport
- Driver’s License
- SSS UMID Card
- Philhealth ID
- TIN Card
- Postal ID
- Voter’s ID
- PRC ID
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- OFW ID
- Upload a Selfie holding your submitted ID.
- Connect your personal Facebook account to prove your identity. So make sure that your Facebook account is employer-friendly. That means, avoid posting anything you feel you can’t show to strangers. You might be interested in making your social media more professional.
- If you don’t have a Facebook account, you can validate your identity by sending a photo of your government ID to support@Onlinejobs.ph after you create your profile. If you’re sending an email, make sure that you submit an ADDITIONAL ID, meaning, an ID you’re never submitted to us before.
- Validate your cellular phone number
- Verify your address
- Step one is to upload a Utility Bill that contains your current address. You can provide one even if it is on a different person’s name. If you are renting and utility bills are paid by the landlord, you can provide your signed rental agreement that contains the address.
- Step two is to type in the same address and click “Save Address”
- If you have problems with providing this, this step is optional.
The secret here is to provide information about yourself — the more information you provide that proves your identity, the higher your IDProof will be.
How to Avoid Penalties
After years of recruiting and filtering through thousands of worker profiles from the Philippines, we’ve developed some pretty strong signals of whether we trust a given profile or not.
Frequent editing deducts temporary point penalties on your IDProof score. While we understand that you would make some changes on your profile as you grow in your career, changing a lot of details frequently tells us that you may be padding your profile to make it more attractive to employers, even if you don’t have those skills.
The temporary deductions will come back after you have stopped editing your profile., how soon will depend on the amount of penalties you accumulated.
To avoid having deductions on your IDProof score, do not edit your profile too often. Refrain from doing frequent changes on your profile since the system sees this as a red flag. You might be changing things around on your profile to suit the job you’re applying for at the moment, and that is not acceptable.
Do a one-time overhaul of your profile if you have big milestones that could upgrade your resume — like when you’ve acquired a new certified skill or maybe finished a new degree.
When all’s been said and done and you still have problems on your IDProof, feel free to contact us.
You can email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org so that they can assist you in IDProof concerns.
A writer and an all-around VA. She has now found her home at OnlineJobs.ph.