My name is Christopher D. Barrientos. I am 27 years old and live in Iligan City in the Philippines. From the time I first heard of onlinejobs.ph back in 2008, I’ve done a variety of different work. But nothing is as exciting and enjoyable as what I do now.
As an outsourced worker, I first started as a data entry specialist and then as a recruiter. I then got into doing illustrating and graphic arts. Today, I work for onlinejobs.ph, creating illustrations and graphics for the website. I love it!
It’s perfect for me, and working here lets me use my talents, skills and the things I enjoy. It’s neat knowing that I am working on a website that is helping Filipinos like me find good, stable jobs. Plus, I get to work from home, which means I can spend more time with my family.
My creative process
- Gather online character images and poses for reference
- Make a rough sketch for my drawing or illustration from the character images I found online
- Make sure my illustration, drawing or design is my own so that I do not have copyright issues
- Before adding color, make a final clean black line sketch from the rough sketch I made
- In coloring images, use only colors that aren’t irritating to the eyes such as light colors; use solid colors only if necessary
- Work on shading on my drawings or designs—makes for a beautiful final product
- Double check my drawings or designs to make sure every spot is filled with color and to see if anything else needs to be touched up before submitting
Sometimes I have a hard time finding the perfect image on the Internet. When this happens, it’s no problem; I just draw a picture of my own on a piece of paper. Then, I scan the picture and add some color in Photoshop.
Tools and software I use
Talent plus tools equals a good product. I couldn’t do the work I do without a little help.
I use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop CS6 to help me create my artwork. I make my drawings on a USB graphic tablet JW XP-5560C that I bought for 3,999 pesos. The tablet is pretty small, and it’s the cheapest around one around. But for now, it does the job. Someday, I hope to upgrade to something bigger and better.
Where you can see my stuff
Much of my artwork is used in blog posts on onlinejobs.ph. The pictures are a nice way to add some life to the articles. You can also find my work scattered throughout other parts of the website.
You too can have a home-based job and a lifestyle like Chris
Start applying for home based jobs now and create an OnlineJobs.ph profile.
Do you have a similar story? Let us know in the comments below!
If you liked this you’ll probably also like reading
– Is it Important to Hire Someone With a Degree?
– How To Avoid Scam Jobs and Get A Legitimate Online Job