Recently, we were invited by GMA News and they asked us to contribute on what the hottest online jobs are. Their question gave us the idea of creating our own list of the 10 most demand online jobs.
We say that these jobs are “in demand” based on the following criteria:
– number of job postings on Onlinejobs.ph
– recruitment requests for these workers on our vetted worker system
– the amount of competition in these categories.
Do you have the knowledge and skills listed below? Then this year just might be the year you get your dream online job!
1. General Virtual Assistant. This job has been top contender on our site for years. That’s because general virtual assistant, in a sense, serves as the entrepreneur’s executive assistant. Business owners who outsource for the first time usually hire a virtual assistant to lighten their work load.
Skills required: Advanced data entry, executive and administrative support, calendar and meeting management, fast typing skills, prior VA experience, good English, attention to detail, initiative, good project management, knowledge in using Slack, Basecamp, Jira, Trello, Asana, Podio, etc
PayScale: Low to Medium. Despite the high demand, the competition for jobs is also pretty high. That’s because it’s a job that even newbies can try and you don’t need a of technical skills to start working.
2. Developer/Programmer. If you want a job that pays really well, being a web, mobile app or software developer is the way to go. It’s a very technical job and you would need to practice to develop your skill. But if you have the time, patience and persistence to learn, no doubt employers would come calling.
Skills Required: PHP: Codeigniter, Laravel, Ruby: Rails, Mobile app dev (Ionic)
PayScale: High. The demand for Filipino programmers and developers are so high businesses are willing to pay top rates for them. It’s a difficult industry to get into because of the level of technical skill and knowledge that most employers require. But the demand is so high even newbies get premium rates.
3. Social Media Marketing Specialist. A lot of small businesses get a good portion of their market on social media. But if you don’t know what you’re doing, it’s easy to get lost in it. That’s why in the past 5 years, we saw an increase in demand for Filipino social media marketers.
Skills Required: Posting, social listening and moderation, FB Ads, email marketing campaigns, FB Ads, Knowledge in Canva, Hootsuite, MailChimp, good writing
PayScale: Medium. Experience is preferred for this job but isn’t a requirement. You don’t need a lot of technical skill to get started but having them would be an advantage.
4. SEO Manager. As long as there are websites and search engines, there will be SEO managers. An SEO manager analyzes, reviews and implements changes to websites so they are optimized for search engines. It’s also a very technical profession but a great choice if you want to manage your own team someday.
Skills Required:On and Off page, White hat technique, html, PPC campaigns
PayScale: Medium to High. Newbies are welcome but SEO managers with experience are always preferred. There’s a rising demand for SEO managers because SEO is becoming more and more technical, making it difficult for most business owners to manage themselves.
5. E-commerce Specialist. Do you like to shop online? Do you know what buyers are looking for and entice them to sell? That’s how most e-commerce specialists start. And the great thing about this job is it also teaches you the skills you need to open you own online shop someday, if you want to.
Skills Required: Knowledge in Amazon, Shopify and Ebay (dropship, private label and online arbitrage), Amazon Seller Central, FBA fulfillment, PPC Campaigns, social media marketing, customer service
PayScale: Low to Medium. Most e-commerce specialists start out as general virtual assistants. Even newbies can do this job but some technical skill is required to be considered.
6. Writer (Content/Copy/Technical Writing). Content is king. And writers are the kingmakers. Compared to other Asian countries, Filipinos are very proficient in English which is why despite the competition, the demand for Filipino writers continue to grow.
Skills Required: Content / copy writing
PayScale: Low to Medium. Most Filipinos can write in English and writing is an easy skill to acquire. But it takes a lot of practice to reach the level that you can write fast, write well, and write in different styles.
7. Accountant/Bookkeeper. One of the most challenging things about running a business is keeping track of finances. And this is why more and more entrepreneurs are outsourcing their accounting to accountants or bookkeepers.
Skills Required: Invoicing, simple bookkeeping, taxation, Quickbooks, MYOB, Xero; advance MS Excel skills
PayScale: Low to Medium. If you have bookkeeping skills and you don’t want to be a virtual assistant, being a bookkeeper us a great starting job for online workers. But if you want to have a bigger salary and more offers, you would need accounting skills and experience.
8. Lead Generation Specialist. To make a sale, you need to find customers first. And this is what lead generation specialists do. They look for potential customers online so sales agents know who to approach.
Skills Required: Lead generation, appointment setting, cold callings, knowledge in data mining especially in LinkedIn, Good research skills; knowledge in MS Office, GDrive and other tools
PayScale: Low to Medium. This is another great job for newbies. Most of the skills are easy to learn but to earn more, some sales experience is a must.
9. Graphic / Web Designer. Good design makes products and websites memorable. And some of the most widely recognized designs online right now are actually from Filipino artists. Filipino graphic artists on our website are in so high demand they usually get jobs within a few weeks of signing up.
Skills Required: Designing of logos, flyer and other marketing collateral, web page design, knowledge of Adobe suite
PayScale: Medium to High. Graphic design requires not just skill but also creativity. Image editing apps have made this job a lot less technical. But a good eye for design and an impressive portfolio is needed if you want to command a high salary.
10. Human Resource Manager. Once a business starts to grow, entrepreneurs will need to high more people. This is something the can’t do themselves anymore, and so this is where a human resource manager comes.
Skills Required: Mostly focused in recruitment and creating HR processes
PayScale: Medium to High. This is one of the few jobs where a college degree is a must. Recruitment and setting up human resources is not a job you can do without training. This is why the demand, and the salary for this job continues to rise.
About Julia Jasmine M. Sta Romana
Julia has been working for OnlineJobs.ph since 2012, first as a writer and now as its social media manager and content development specialist. She also founded the Davao Virtual Assistants Association, the biggest VA association in Davao City.
She’s a full-time wife and mom and volunteers her time as an internet rights advocate.
Aileen Mendoza says
Thanks for letting us Know that there a lot of jobs offered online.
Currently I am Accounting Supervisor here at Best Western Oxford Suites Makati, i started as an Accounting Assistant, and then bookkeeper for 7years. I been in 3 different company for 23 of working, my first job is Acctg Assistant and then Acctg Assistant 2 for 12 years. I all love the companies i work with, because i find an extended family in my officemates, that is why i didn’t transfer from one job to another and i love what iam doing… I thought i will grow old in the Corporate world, until i find this Online job.
Keshia Mae Bataller says
I’m an amazon virtual assistant/
working student eager to join your
company to help establish quick and
long-lasting relationships with
customers and assist in developing
and implementing marketing
Jessica Marie says
Thank you for your comment. Our support team has emailed you regarding your ID proof score (this affects your ability to apply to job posts on our platform). Kindly check your email